Program #2 Tea DeMystified
In this program you’ll learn about teas from Jacqueline Gates, I bake some Oatmeal Fruit Bars and toss in all kinds of factoids for 30 minutes of your listening pleasure.
Download the Podcast
Or Listen Now
Recipe: Oatmeal Fruit Bars
- 1 cored apple or pear
- 1 Cup sweetened cranberries, if dried add fruit juice to reconstitute.
- 1 1/2 Cups of Oatmeal, any type
- 1 1/2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour or crushed whole wheat cereal
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, to taste
- dash of nutmeg, to taste
- 1/4 Cup of raisins or chopped
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup chopped nuts, optional
- 4 Tablespoons of butter (1/2 stick) or Earth Balance vegan spread, cold or at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9 X 9 inch square pan or line large muffin tins.
- Mix the first two ingredients in a blender until liquefied. Add a couple tablespoons of juice or water to make liquid if needed.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl. With your fingers, rub the butter into mixture until evenly distributed. Add the blender contents and stir. Mixture should be sticky, but using your hands is quicker than the spoon method.
- Press the mixture into the pan or roll into balls and flatten into the muffin cups.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Cooking times vary depending on the liquid content so watch carefully.
Makes about 12 small squares or 6 large in muffin tin.
✽✩♥ ☼ ღ ✽ ✩ ♥ ☼ ღ ✽ ✩ ♥ ☼ ღ ✽✩ ♥